Here are 8 must have herbs to calm your nervous system and promote inner stillness
Satnam Loves, There are several herbs that are commonly used to calm the nervous system and promote relaxation. Here are some of the top herbs known for their calming properties:
1. Chamomile: Chamomile is often used as a gentle sedative and is known for its ability to promote relaxation and reduce anxiety.
2. Lavender: Lavender has a soothing aroma that can help calm the mind and promote relaxation. It is commonly used in aromatherapy and can be consumed as a tea or used in essential oil form.
3. Valerian root: Valerian root is a popular herb used to promote relaxation and improve sleep quality. It has a sedative effect and can be helpful for reducing anxiety and restlessness.
4. Lemon balm: Lemon balm is a member of the mint family and has calming properties. It is often used to reduce anxiety and promote relaxation.
5. Passionflower: Passionflower is known for its calming and sedative effects. It can help reduce anxiety and improve sleep quality.
6. Ashwagandha: Ashwagandha is an adaptogenic herb that helps the body adapt to stress. It is known to reduce anxiety and promote relaxation.
7. Holy basil: Holy basil, also known as tulsi, is an herb commonly used in Ayurvedic medicine. It has adaptogenic properties and can help reduce stress and anxiety.
8. Skullcap: Skullcap is a herb that has been traditionally used to calm the nerves and reduce anxiety. It is often used as a tea or tincture.
It's important to note that while these herbs have calming properties, it's always a good idea to consult with a healthcare professional or herbalist before using them, especially if you have any pre-existing medical conditions or are taking medications. They can provide personalized recommendations and guidance based on your specific needs.